Friday 2 April 2010

Anais Nin

Ritual in Transfigured Time

A muse of Maya Deren, Anais Nin featured in the film 'Ritual in Transfigured Time' 1946.

A silent, textural, and hypnotic composition in movement and expression, revealing the film's tone through the choreography of bodies in performance of ritual, and in the process, creates a haunting dimensionality of time and the potentiality of fate, the dynamics of human relationships passing fleeting transient mirrored in ritualistic dance, I like to think Nin`s role is one of a mediator initiating a young woman into the intrinsic power play relationship between the sexes. As a writer distinctively known for her journals detailing intimate personal journeys throughout numerous
relationships dealing with areas of erotica and flirting with feminist theory.

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing."

"Dreams are necessary to life."

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

“I do not want to be the leader. I refuse to be the leader. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don’t mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman I want to be dominated. I don’t mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling, be all that I am capable of doing, but I am going to be pursued, fucked, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding.”


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP